Frequently Asked Questions
» How Does Mississippi Insurance Alliance Handle Access to Markets?
There are two methods. First is through Access Plus, which allows members access to our top-rated carriers. Second is through direct company appointments arranged by Mississippi Insurance Alliance.
» Does Mississippi Insurance Alliance Provide Additional Income Opportunities?
We are constantly negotiating higher commissions with our carriers. Several compensation arrangements are in place with our carriers.
» Does Mississippi Insurance Alliance Address Perpetuation Needs?
Perpetuation is contractually guaranteed by a formula included in the Mississippi Insurance Alliance membership agreement.
» What Is Mississippi Insurance Alliance?
We are a growing network of Independent Insurance Agencies serving the State of Mississippi. We offer growth opportunities to agencies wishing to remain independent while being able to compete with larger regional agencies and clusters. Mississippi Insurance Alliance is a member of SIAA, a national organization that writes in excess of $11 billion in combined premium volume.
» How Did The Mississippi Insurance Alliance Concept Originate?
The concept began in 1982 with Satellite Agency Network (SAN) of New England in response to changes in the Independent Agency system. At the time, many local agencies were finding that it was impossible to meet volume requirements, keep markets and survive. SAN allowed the local independent agent to remain Independent, keep existing markets while gaining new ones. We are building on the success of the original SAN model.
» What Kind Of Agencies Does Mississippi Insurance Alliance Look For?
There is no specific member profile and we have members of various sizes. Our members are smaller to large agencies in need of markets and stability. However direct writers, life and financial services agencies and producers without a vesting in their book have all found Mississippi Insurance Alliance membership beneficial.
» What Are The Benefits of Mississippi Insurance Alliance Membership?
- Access to over a dozen top-rated carriers (See company listing on our web-site)
- Clout in the marketplace to complete with larger regional agencies while maintaining local identity and independence.
- Individual company appointments
- Preferred agency contracts
- Profit sharing with no minimum volume requirements
- Discounts on agency management systems including AMS and Applied.
- Service assistance with pricing and placing of all lines
- Semi-annual meetings and trade show exclusive to members
- Company sponsored product training meetings
- Membership in SIAA serving agencies like yours nationwide
- Access the SIAA “members only” NetWeb
- Access to our agent’s center located in Jackson, Mississippi.
» Now, Let Us Ask You Some Questions
- Is growth a problem for you?
- Are you having trouble getting company appointments?
- Are insurance companies pressuring you for growth?
- Do you receive no profit sharing ( or next to nothing ) due to low volume?
- Are you selling against larger, more competitive agencies and not getting the order?
If you answered YES” to any of these questions, then you need the answers that Mississippi Insurance Alliance provides. Find out more by calling Hunter Runnels at (601) 487-9979 or Ladd Bratcher at (601) 946-7593.